Vote YES on Measure C to fix potholes and repair our roads in South Lake Tahoe.
Our aging streets are failing. Dangerous potholes and cracks must be repaired immediately to improve road safety and protect motorists, cyclists, pedestrians and children. Measure C will make the repairs our neglected roads desperately need.
We need Measure C now – the longer we wait, the more expensive road repairs will become.
By fixing and maintaining local roads, Measure C will improve our quality of life, raise our property values and reduce roadway pollution of Lake Tahoe. Measure C will improve safety by adding sidewalks and bike lanes to our roads where possible.
Measure C will ONLY repair roads in South Lake Tahoe. Funds can never be taken by the State, used by the City for other purposes or go to the proposed Loop Road.
Vote YES on Measure C:
- Fix potholes and pave, maintain and repair local streets and roads
- Improve roadway safety for drivers, pedestrians and bicyclists
- Provide safe routes to schools for children who walk or bike to school
- Repair roads to ensure ambulances, fire trucks, police cars and other emergency vehicles can respond to emergencies quickly and safely
- Improve lake clarity and water quality by reducing roadway fine sediment pollution
Measure C Includes Strict Fiscal Accountability
- A separate Roads Management Authority will manage all road repair funds and projects
- Essential items and services like groceries and medicine will be exempt from the cost
- A volunteer, independent Citizens’ Oversight Committee and audits will ensure all funds are spent as required by this measure
- By law, funding can never be taken by the State or used for other purposes by the City
Measure C will ensure tourists and visitors pay their fair share for their impact on our roads.
Join local business owners, seniors, parents and community members – vote YES on Measure C.